＜ Name ＞
＜ Affiliation ＞
Environmental Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Course,
Division of Applied Chemistry,
Graduate School of Science and Technology for Innovation,
＜ Room ＞
Tokiwa integrated Research Bluilding 7F 716 room
＜ Affiriated academic societies ＞
The Society of Sea Water Science, Japan
The Society of Fiber Science and Technology, Japan
The Membrane Society of Japan
The Society of Polymer Science, Japan
The Chemical Society of Japan
＜ Personal History ＞
Dr. Eng., Graduate School of Engineering, Tokyo Instisute of Technology
Special Postdoctoral Researcher(SPDR), Intsisute of Physical and Chemical Research (RIKEN)
Assistant Professor, Department of Organic and Polymeric Materials, Tokyo Instisute of Technology
Senior Lecturer, Department of Engineering,
Associate Professor, Department of Engineering
Professor, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Yamaguchi University
＜ Awards ＞
1998, 5 Young Scientist Award of The Membrane Society of Japan
2010, 6 Award of The Society of Fiber Science and Technology, Japan
2013, 6 Research Award of Society of Sea Water Science, Japan
High-performance Membranes in Water Treatment and Energy Production.
We have prepared many types of high-performance membranes from block copolymers and graft copolymers, and proposed novel chemical engineering systems using the membranes in water treatment and energy productions.
The subjects of our research are as follows:
(1) polymer electrolyte membranes for direct methanol fuel cells,
(2) ion-exchange membranes for electrodialysis (desalination and water treatment) and reverse electrodialysis (energy production from salinity gradients),
(3) ion-barrier membranes for forward osmosis and pressure retarded osmosis processes (water treatment and energy production),
(4) charge mosaic membrane with high salt permselectivity (water treatment),
(5) external stimuli-responsive charged membranes for smart sensors and intelligent drug delivery systems.
Fig. Reverse electrodialysis system (RED) for energy production.
Please see also Research Topics.